Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2010

There’s A Man Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He’s Elvis

Recently I’ve been noticing that the general population are trying more & more to get ‘a celebrity look’. You can’t walk down the street without bumping into someone who is trying very hard to look like ‘somebody’.

I know this isn’t a new thing. We’ve been emulating famous people for years. In fact I once worked for a theatre company whose director looked exactly like Hitler! This wasn’t a mere coincidence; the look had very obviously been cultivated. Why I will never know!

Over the course of this weekend I noticed about six George Lambs, a dozen Zac Effrons & I’ve lost track of the number of Robert Pattisons that are currently patrolling the streets.



Now don’t get me wrong, I am more than happy to see hoards of any one of those guys stalking around. In fact, I think I would pay good money to witness such an event. My problem is simply that most of these wannabes don’t look anything like those guys & trust me, if you don’t get that Rob Pattison or George Lamb hair exactly right, you’re going to look like an escapee from an asylum.

What’s becoming very clear to me however is that it’s not the men choosing to do this. If you do spot one of these lookalikes there will undoubtedly be a smug girlfriend draped all over her handiwork thinking she’s created the new Zac.

All I want to say to these girls is that a skinny tie does not turn your 15 year old boyfriend into hot property. In fact it’s more than likely going to make him look like an arse. Remember, the clothes don’t make the man. Except of course the Hitler lookalike, I’d maybe stay clear of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment. Just choose name/url and you won't be asked to login.